Monday 14 March 2011

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Review

This is going to be a quick one as I haven't got much to say about this. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm is the kind of fighting game where you have a large arena to use. I don't play very many fighting games as I suck at them but I prefer this playstyle to having a 2D side view.

The fighting ultimatly works, being able to choose what Ninjutsu you want your character to use and what your two support characters use. This means that you can put more thought into your team and what strategy you use can be crucial to your victory.

The campaign mode follows the anime up to the Sasuke retrival arc. Does this mean no filler? Well yes. In a sense. To progress through the story missions you must first earn enough experience to play them. These filler missions can be incredibly tedious and most of them can feel like a chore at times. This is the story mode's biggest downfall.

With a sequel already out that I will have to give a look in at some point, I will end it here. So what can I say for sure? Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm is good as a fighting game that you can bring out now and again to fight your friends at. Do not however, play this game just to recreate your experiences with the anime. You WILL be disappointed.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm gets a 6/10.

This is Tyramatt, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment