Thursday 10 March 2011

Truly inFamous - inFamous Review

As I watch the end credits I wonder what now? Do I play it through again but take all the good decisions? Of course not! Why would I want to play through this game again and do all the decisions that I would not want to take!

inFamous is a sandbox game with a moral choice system. I am really not a fan of moral choices in games when they are classed as good and evil. I always wonder why your decisions can't be decided by what the player thinks is the right thing to do for whatever reason. But that is a rant for another day. We are here to talk about inFamous.

I'm not sure if it is just my copy of the game, but I found alot of glitches in this game from not being able to climb on certain ledges, to sliding off flat surfaces. This was very strange at one point when I slid off a platform while trying to snipe...

inFamous is a fun sandbox game. Just a shame that the over the top complicated controls bring it down. You have a number of various attacks that take advantage of the main character's electricity powers, but possibly too many as I only really relied on the basic blast and grenade powers.

Lets talk about the main character, Cole. Cole is one of the blankest slates I have ever seen in a main character. I got the impression from him that he has done nothing with his powers until the start of the game. This really did stick with me and whenever I remembered it, I was taken out of the experience quickly. While the decisions that you make change how Cole acts and looks, there really isn't too much customisation that you can do in this game. You have to be all good or all evil to get the most stylish looks anyway.

Overall, inFamous is a game well worth picking up even if it is just to get yourself in the mood for its sequel and while it can be missed, you would get some fun out of it. 7/10

This is Tyramatt, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment